Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 17 minutes Serves: 6 to 8
1 package rice noodles, 8 to 10 oz.
½ cup tamari
½ cup rice vinegar
2 TB creamy peanut butter
1 TB honey
3 tsp coconut oil, divided
3 eggs, beaten
4 carrots, cut into 1 to 2-inch long matchsticks
6 scallions (green onions), sliced diagonally into 1-inch pieces
2 handfuls of snow peas, cut into bite-sized pieces
½ lb. fresh mung bean sprouts
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1 lb. firm tofu, cubed
¼ cup roasted peanuts, chopped
¼ cup fresh cilantro, minced
1 lime, cut in wedges
**You’ll find the preparation moves quickly so have all your ingredients ready to go before you get started. **
- Combine tamari, rice vinegar, peanut butter and honey in a medium bowl. Stir with a whisk until well combined.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions to al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet. Cook eggs over medium heat, stirring until set. Remove eggs from skillet and set aside.
- Return skillet to heat and add 2 tsp oil. Add carrots, green onions, snow peas, sprouts, garlic and red pepper flakes. Sauté 1 minute. Add tofu and continue cooking for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add noodles to skillet, tossing with a large fork to combine ingredients. Cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in peanut butter mixture and eggs. Cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.
Serve immediately garnished with peanuts, cilantro and lime wedges.